Something borrowed....

So much has happened in the last 2 weeks, that if I made it a blog post, it would go on and on, so I will spare you all the details. In brief though, our trip to Sydney was amazing. George received an international award ( 5kg crystal trophy) from the company he works for and we were treated to dinner at the Opera house!! Our accommodation was sensational and the food, an indulgence to the taste buds.
Ok, now the wedding quilt. Did I get it done in time? No. I did have a reprieve though with the time frames, as I showed the bride and groom the top when it was all layed out on the design wall. I figured, if there was something that they didn't like about it, before I passed the point of no return in the construction phase, I would ask them for their honest opinion. They just loved the look of it coming together and didn't want anything changed about it. In the course of the conversation, they told me when they would be back from their honeymoon and that it was no pressure to finish it before hand. Phew! So that's given me 2 weeks extra time. With the top finished, it's just a case of piecing the back and getting it onto the frame. This definitely is the, 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue' quilt now, as it covers all the criteria for that little wedding ditty, especially since I'm on borrowed time to finish it.

Yes, with another deadline looming, I'm feverishly working on the piecing for this block swap. It's a civil war repro fabric block swap and these blocks are heading to the states. With an arrival date of no later than May 1st, I'm doing this at any moment I can. Stay tuned on this one. (seriously, I am going to have to address my W.I.P's situation soon and try and get on top of it.)
Until next time, happy quilting.-Julie.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to George. The wedding quilt looks great. Do you still want those flower fabrics - if so will post this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn. Yes please to the fabrics. When I returned home from that trip I searched everywhere for them and was puzzled I couldn't find them. Now I know why. I accidentally left them behind.

      Delete