Marathon Effort made easy by my Scout!

On and off the frame in a day, this biggish quilt was an undertaking that Ash and I worked on together. A friends quilt top, with a few minor issues to deal with, meant edge to edge from the front would probably have been the best option for this flimsy. Having a Ginkgo pantograph though, was the preferred pattern, since my friend's favourite plant is the Ginkgo tree. And that meant I would be stitching it from the back of the machine.
What made this possible to quilt, was the fact I had a 'scout'. When I do a panto, I have the luxury of having Ash scout for me. This means she watches absolutely everything that is going on from the front of the machine, while I stitch from the back. So, with the little issues this quilt has, Ash was able to help me avoid them and also avoid pleats from excess fabric building up, as the stitching path traversed backwards and forwards as I followed the pantograph. When the weather fines up, I will take an outside photo of it for the blog. Until next time, happy quilting.-Julie.


4 comments:

  1. Judy - what a brilliant idea. You are lucky to have Ash! It will be good to see a photo of the full quilt. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does make the process a whole lot easier, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. Julie, I'm a nut. Just coz I'm a Judy and I follow lots of Judy blogs, not everyone is a Judy! Sending apologies! Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apology necessary Judy. :) I often do get called Judy, and I didn't even notice you had said Judy in the post. So I think the nut might be me! :)

      Delete