This may not be the best photo, but it shows a little progress has been made on the block swap that I joined in. After waiting for what seemed like forever for the fabric to finally arrive, I was able to piece the top and then put the borders on. I am planning for the binding to be the same as the skinny green border that you see between the pink and the white borders.
The day I took this photo was rather breezy and I had to take what opportunity I could, to take a picture. Hence the reason it is a little off centre. Because this quilt top is now huge, it made it impossible to take a photo of it on my design wall in studio 1. We have an outside clothesline, very old fashioned in fact. The type with one long wire being held up by a pole at either end and a propping timber to raise it. We do have a more modern version, but it too was useless for a photo, because of the shorter lengths of wire on it. This one was perfect in length and also it's adjustable height, but it did have a major enemy close by. Can you see the wooden pole at the right of the photo? It is part of the fence line, which is strung with barbed wire!!! So with wind, a huge quilt and a barbed wire fence within it's reach, it was a case of take a picture as best as I could, as quick as I could, so that the quilt didn't catch on it and get ripped. I got my picture, but I have to tell you, it was a little nerve wracking.
Tomorrow I fly out to Adelaide, for a machine quilting festival. It will be a great four days of seeing, doing, learning and spending($$). Hopefully more learning than spending! I'll also get to meet some of the people that are part of the quilting forum that I belong to. We'll also be catching up with relatives that we haven't seen for about 8 years. It should all make for a great time. Hopefully I'll be back on my blog by the middle of next week, if I've recovered sufficiently enough, from all the activities of the next four days! Until the next time, happy quilting.-Julie