Nikki's Quilt.... From our Archives.

This quilt was made a little while ago for my niece. My mum asked that we make Nikki a quilt, as she had just moved into a new house. As you can see, the design was set on point, so it made my quilting efforts a little interesting. When I did this quilt, I was relatively new to free motion quilting, and as this is sized between a double and a queen, I did have to wrestle a little with it. I didn't quilt it on my long arm machine as I didn't have it then, but did it on my domestic sewing machine.
As you can see, the quilting motifs are fairly simple. I have loved feather motifs in quilting as long as I have loved quilts, so had to incorporate them here. This quilt did get a makers label with all the details. From memory though, all I can tell you about it is, some of the fabrics are from Jinny Beyer's colour palette. So, my note to self on this one is: Keep a little file card with swatches of fabric, quilt layout, quilting motif designs and any other relevant information pertaining to it's construction for your own records, so that should you ever need to access that information again, you have it readily available long after the quilt is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment