Seeing an old friend again.

With the wedding quilt off the frame, George and I could get away for a weekend of R&R. We headed to Bendigo, to catch up with our good friends Jenny and Shane. I have to say, it has been a blast. The only down side is, it is a flying visit, as commitments back home prevent us from being here any longer than the weekend. Never mind, something is better than not at all. Dinner, great company and lots of laughter guaranteed a fun time. 
The quilt pictured, is one I made for Jenny 5 years ago. I suppose it really should be one for the archives. With quilting every quilt, comes a learning curve of sorts. Seeing one of my older quilts, I was curious to see my skill level and technique from 5 years ago. Thankfully, I have improved!! I saw threads that needed trimming while looking at it, (seriously wish I had my snips) or that could have been tied off better than I did. (I didn't know about burying threads back then) I think the one thing that stands out is, this quilt is used and appreciated, which for any quilter that gives a quilt as a gift, is a bigger thank you than any words or card could say. It's been nice seeing one of my older quilts, still in service and being happily used.
Until next time, happy quilting.-Julie.

No comments:

Post a Comment